Screw kit for hoods and wheels
I am a huge fan of using screws when rebuilding DCP trucks. Now I have a starter kit for builders to give a try.
In this kit you will receive:
- 20 3/16″ screws
- 20 1/4″ screws
- Allen Wrench
- 1-72 Tap
- Use the 3/16″ screws on the hood hinges and standard steer wheels
- Use the 1/4″ screws when adding HERD bumpers and float-style steer tires
- Drill out the diecast frame with a 1/16″ bit prior to adding threads
- A 5/64″ bit works well to drill out the hood hinge hole and the spindle for the screw to slide through. (I do this by hand to prevent breaking the hinge).
- A pliar will turn the tap. There is a tap wrench on eBay.